Required Level 1 English and Maths
(unless prior certificate held e.g. GCSE grades D -E or O-Level)
All apprentices will undertake a unit of study focused on employee rights and responsibilities.
* Maintain Food Safety When Storing, Preparing and Cooking Food.
* Working Effectively as Part of a Hospitality Team
* Maintenance of a Safe, Hygienic and Secure
* Effective Team Work
* Food Safety in Catering
(from a selection of over 20 – linked to individual role, skill and development needs)
* Prepare Hot and Cold Sandwiches
* Prepare and Cook Meat and Poultry
* Produce Basic Hot and Cold Desserts
* Produce Heathier Dishes
* Promote New Menu Items
* Giving Customers a Positive Impression
* Principles of Completing Kitchen Documentation