Aspiring Medics Sixth Form Programme 2020
Various - Across Lincolnshire29 Jun 2020 at 9:00am
An inspiring 5-day medical career programme for year 12 students
The programme aims to inspire our future medics to follow their career aspirations, highlight the vast opportunities within medicine and help gain places on their chosen university courses.
The programme will provide an insight into the medical profession through a series of structured activities including:
- Tailored workshops by medical experts
- Clinical placements including hospital and GP surgeries
- Local Medical School visit
- Introduction to the Medical School application process and interview techniques
The 5-day programme is aimed at lower sixth form students who are serious about wishing to pursue a career in medicine and who are also academically able to achieve the grades necessary to enter medical school. It is accepted that it is advantageous to students applying for a place at Medical School through UCAS to have undertaken some work experience or voluntary work in a hospital or general practice environment.
2020 programme dates for student applications:
Lincoln – Monday 29th June to Friday 3rd July 2020*
Grantham – Monday 6th July to Friday 10th July 2020*
Boston – Monday 13th July to Friday 17th July 2020*
*There will be a requirement to travel to GP Practices within the area of the programme location and the University of Lincoln on the final day.
Places on each course are limited. Students will be asked to state a preference on the application. If more applications are received than we have places other supporting information provided will be used to allocate.
- Must be living in or educated in Lincolnshire
- Students must be aged 16 or over and in year 12
- Must have the minimum of five GCSE passes at grade 6/B to include Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (or science double or triple award); English language, and Maths. Applied science is not accepted. If applicants are planning on retaking GCSEs to achieve this level, applicants are still eligible to apply but need to outline this in their application form.
- Applicants should be predicted to achieve a minimum of B, B, C, to include Biology (or Human Biology) and Chemistry at grade B (a pass is required in science practical tests, where assessed separately) – Statement required from educational provider.
To apply for your FREE place on the course please submit the following to the NHS Lincolnshire Talent Academy:
- Application form
- Reference/Letter of support from either your head teacher/head of 6th form/careers teacher stating that they believe you are able to achieve the grades necessary for medical school.
To download an application form please click on the following link:
Closing date for applications is 4 pm, Friday 6th March 2020. Applications received after this date will not be considered.PDF Download View all events