Supported Work Place Opportunities – Lincoln Area
Lincoln, Lincolnshire19 Sep 2022 at 12:00pm
For young adults aged 16-24 with learning disabilities/difficulties and/or Autism
Are you looking for real hands-on work experience?
Are you motivated to work hard to get experience to find a paid job?
Working in partnership with Project Choice, the Talent Academy has an exciting opportunity for 10 young adults aged 16-24 with learning disabilities/difficulties and/or Autism to experience work in the health and care sector through a supported internship.
The internship programme will run from September to July, term time only, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. Its aim is to help you prepare for higher education or employment, increase confidence and introduce you to the world of work.
The programme support:
- Our Area Manager will meet with you before you start the course to discuss interests and what you would like to learn.
- You will need to attend a 2 week induction to prepare for first work placements
- Project Choice finds and organises up to three, 12 week placements over the academic year.
- Education days will be one day a week and you will complete an Employability Certificate and continue to study maths and English skills if you need it.
- All our support is tailored to the Intern, with planned education and placement transitions.
To hear more about the programme, click on the following link: Project Choice – YouTube
To join Project Choice you must meet each of the following eligibility criteria.
- Living within Lincolnshire
- Be aged 16 – 24 years
- Have an approved and active Education, Health and Care Plan. Please note: Your Education, Health and Care Plan needs to be approved and active with your host Local Authority in order for us to accept your application.
If you would like to express an interest in this programme please complete the following link and a member of the Project Choice team will be in touch:https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=FUOQgUFULUS07XFw1asrG-EezVvs89OmcPg7IMNkIRUQUw2WTBWSEtVWERNUVdDMTc1TDhUSTdTQSQlQCN0PWcuPDF Download View all events