Oral and Maxillofacial department provides services for patients who require surgery around the face and mouth. Specifically it provides the following:
• Diagnosis and treatment of cancer of the skin of the face, head and neck
• Diagnosis and treatment of cancer of the mouth and lips
• Treatment for patients who suffer fractures of the facial skeleton and jaws
• Treatment for patients with facial or jaw deformity
• Treatment for patients with benign or cancerous conditions of the salivary glands
• Removal of impacted or buried teeth
• Diagnosis of facial pain and jaw joint dysfunction
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a unique speciality as it receives referrals from both dentists and GPs. In order to meet these demands all consultants in oral and maxillofacial surgery are now doubly qualified in both dentistry and medicine.
Whilst on placement, the indivisual will assist and observe the various staff learning about Maxillo-facial/Orthodontic work by observing consultations/treatments. Individuals will learn about hygiene and protocol, research work, and gain a basic insight into this specialist area in a controlled working environment.......
What are you interested in?
Good things are worth sharing. Tell a colleague or friend about usRecommend a friend